The Region of Peel has been in touch with The Journey and twice a week, starting this Thursday, August 8th they will have Housing Support Workers on site at The Journey to assess your needs and to assist you.
The Housing Support Workers will:
- assess the needs of each impacted tenant/family
- develop in partnership with families, plans to address their needs
- assist families in finding temporary or permanent housing, starting with options closest to Ardglen and working out from there
- provide financial assistance where tenants are eligible and using existing eligibility criteria – this may include rent subsidies, assistance with last month’s rent, payments for storage and moving costs etc.
- transportation assistance (bus tickets)
- support the families to move into their new permanent or temporary homes by making connections and referrals to needed services and supports
- make referrals to other services and supports as required
If you would like to meet with a Housing Support Worker. Email Kevin Birmingham (firstname.lastname@example.org), or drop in and fill out a form and we will set a time. The workers will be here at The Journey from 1:00pm through 3:15pm on Thursday, August 8th. They will then be here twice a week afterwards!
Each year in August Brampton’s Purpose Riders raise funds for The Journey Neighbourhood Centre. This year on August 24, 2019, the Purpose Riders will be completing a 200km fundraising ride to Fort Erie. If you would like to sponsor the team, or join the team for this ride, just click on the link above in our Menu Bar – Ride For The Journey.
Want to know more about what we have been up to and what we will soon be doing? Then click the link below:
Summer 2019 Update
Just click here: Summer 2019 Update
This coming Thursday evening, Bike Brampton will be hosting a special event right here in The Journey parking lot. They want to here from you! And, there will as usual at an event at The Journey, be FOOD! However, they need to know you are coming, so please contact the number below and let them know!