Attention 51, 53 & 57 Ardglen
The Canadian Mental Health Association is offering Free
Starting: Tuesday, August 27th
Are you feeling stressed or overwhelmed? Are you more irritable? Are you less patient than before? Has your sleeping or appetite changed? Are there recent changes in your physical health? If you said yes to any of the above, then Brief Counselling can help you:
- See things from a different perspective
- Make changes to help you move forward
- Build or develop new coping skills and strategies
- Plan for the future
If you are interested in 1-3 Brief Counselling Sessions:
- Speak to Kevin to sign-up for an available appointment time
- Make note of your appointment date and time
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment in order to complete the necessary paperwork (a) CMHA Registration Form and (b) Single Session Questionnaire (this will help set the focus of your appointment)
- Please bring both forms with you and provide it to the Counsellor at the time of your appointment
Appointments will take place on Tuesday and Friday afternoons at The Journey Neighbourhood Centre.
Appointments are available on a first come, first serve basis
All counselling sessions are FREE and Confidential
I believe riding a bike can make a difference!
On August 24th The Purpose Riders are cycling from Brampton to Fort Erie, raising funds for The Journey Neighbourhood Centre. The Journey is focused on bringing hope and new life to the children, youth and families in Brampton’s Ardglen/Orenda neighbourhoods, a part of the city where many are facing significant barriers.
We would love to have your support for my Ride For The Journey. If you’re able to, please donate HERE
Thanks for supporting the ride!
The Region of Peel has been in touch with The Journey and twice a week, starting this Thursday, August 8th they will have Housing Support Workers on site at The Journey to assess your needs and to assist you.
The Housing Support Workers will:
- assess the needs of each impacted tenant/family
- develop in partnership with families, plans to address their needs
- assist families in finding temporary or permanent housing, starting with options closest to Ardglen and working out from there
- provide financial assistance where tenants are eligible and using existing eligibility criteria – this may include rent subsidies, assistance with last month’s rent, payments for storage and moving costs etc.
- transportation assistance (bus tickets)
- support the families to move into their new permanent or temporary homes by making connections and referrals to needed services and supports
- make referrals to other services and supports as required
If you would like to meet with a Housing Support Worker. Email Kevin Birmingham (email@example.com), or drop in and fill out a form and we will set a time. The workers will be here at The Journey from 1:00pm through 3:15pm on Thursday, August 8th. They will then be here twice a week afterwards!
Each year in August Brampton’s Purpose Riders raise funds for The Journey Neighbourhood Centre. This year on August 24, 2019, the Purpose Riders will be completing a 200km fundraising ride to Fort Erie. If you would like to sponsor the team, or join the team for this ride, just click on the link above in our Menu Bar – Ride For The Journey.
There is a free bus to the Lucas Holtom Carnival and back this coming Saturday.
Want to know more about what we have been up to and what we will soon be doing? Then click the link below:
Summer 2019 Update
Just click here: Summer 2019 Update