Summer Day Camp – 2021
Summer Camp at The Journey is once again virtual☹
We get it!
Your kids are bored, they are tired of logging in to school and you ran out of stuff for them to do in April 2020! We thought everything would be opened up by now. So, at least for the first three weeks, our summer camp will be virtual. All of us are disappointed.
“Camp is popular for you, because you get six hours of peace!”
The Journey’s Virtual Summer Camp
So, what will happen at our virtual summer day camp? Well, it is a combination of live over the internet interaction, and prepared activities that your children can do on their own time.
- Daily programming, with fun extra activities.
- Live programming: Zoom meetings with camp leaders.
- Pre-recorded programming posted on the internet.
- Internet links to our partners, such as Brampton Library and TRCA.
- Pre-packaged activity and craft kits for families who have registered.
- Camp will run from Monday, July 12th until Friday August 20th.
- There will be two camp age ranges: 6-8 years and 9-11 years.
- There a total of 18 family registrations.
- Camp is once again free this year.
- Children will need access to the internet (minimum access to a smart phone)
- To be able participate in the Zoom meetings
- And to have access our Facebook resources and links, or our website postings.
- The Journey does have a limited supply of Chromebooks to loan.
- Registration will open on Monday, June 21st.
- Registration is via email, messenger, or the Contact Us form on our website.
- Registration will be first come, first served.
- No advanced registration. No Phone Registration.
By registering you get free craft and activity kits and participation in the live Zoom meetings.
Alyssa, Lauren and James are back!
Three of our camp leaders are returning to run our camp and virtually connect with your kids. We believe that this will an interesting, educational and fun camp for your kids.
Please contact us with any questions that you may have.
We wish that we could give you that 6-hour break, but at least we can give your kids something to do!
July 28, 2021
June 1, 2021
April 8, 2021