Family Activity Links
Pages of Links to Amazing Educational Resources
Moreland – Downloadable Study Packs
Scholastic – Learn At Home
101 fun activities
Energy burning activities
113 fun activities at home
Brain teasers and riddles
Budget/ Kid Friendly Recipes
To Apply for EI
1. Go online to Canada.ca
2. Click Benefits
3. Click Employment Insurance
4. Click Regular Benefit if you lost your job through no fault of your own.
5. Or Click Sickness Benefit if you are unable to work due to illness, injury or quarantine
6. Read through instructions and Start Application
To apply you do NOT need:
• Service Canada Account
• Access Code
• ROE – Record of Employment
• Doctor’s Note
• Bank Information (recommended to receive direct deposit)
Keep and gather those supporting document, they will be requested, AFTER you apply
To apply, you DO need:
• Social Insurance Number
• Date of Birth
• Mother’s Maiden Name
• First and last day worked
7. You will receive and access code in the mail, via Canada Post. Follow the instructions you receive to set up your Service Canada Account and complete you EI records.
If you do not have access to email CALL EI at 1-800-206-7218
September 28, 2020
September 22, 2020
September 21, 2020
Please Check Out Our BLOG For The Latest Posts and Information
The Journey Neighbourhood Centre has had to all but close our doors during the COVID-19 pandemic. This has been a difficult time for all of us in our community. The Journey has undertaken a few initiatives to try and make a difference:
- FOOD – We are now distributing basic prepacked food bags to our community on Thursdays (thanks to Regeneration Outreach Community).
- Information – Via our social media and website we are posting relevant and up-to-date information on a variety of topics including: financial compensation, school closings and health advisories.
- Resources – We are distributing family resources via our Little Library (long story, but the combination is 1, 2, 3) and also along with the prepackaged food distribution on Thursdays. Those resources consist of a variety of educational worksheets, colouring pages and family crafts.
- Care – We are directly contacting people in our community to check-in on how they are doing and we are also posting videos and inspiring stories to try and lift people’s spirits during the lockdown.
We continue to check our email and periodically phone messages. So, do not hesitate to contact us. Our door may be locked, but we are still here!